I initially wanted to pursue a steal share and simulate demand strategy, but as we learned in the last class, I really need to determine which one is the best strategy. Initially, I was thinking that GoLite’s positive sustainable message may be able to encourage consumers to ‘buy up’ from the more basic outdoor brands (such as Columbia). However, after more thought (and brainstorming in bullet format), I think that Steal Share is the right strategy for the following reasons:
- Market Leader- GoLite is not the market leader, I would consider Patagonia to be the true market leader in sustainable, premium outdoor gear.
- Price Point- it’s high, and therefore the ‘Joe Six Pack’ customer will probably never purchase this type of gear.
- Distribution- GoLite is primarily distributed at outdoor stores, such as REI. The typical REI customer already probably has ‘premium’ outdoor equipment.
So, to add to my paper:
Marketing Objective: Acquisition
Source of Volume: Steal Share
No comments:
Post a Comment